1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finaly came out to a long time friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Akira12, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I finaly reached that stage were im semi comfortable with my sexuality but still have the up and downs. I decided to come out to my long time friend of 4 years who I talk with on skype since he lives all the way in Canada. We were video chatting and I asked him if I could tell him something and he gave me his full attention. I told him that I'm gay and pretty comfortable with myself for it and such. He looked at me for a few seconds then replied Aha I thought so! As well as saying as long as you don't start hitting on me then we're good. Your my friend it's not like I'm going to all of a sudden not be your friend over something so simple as being gay. It was awesome!!! Then he started going on and joking with me like though we would make a good couple and made the face of thinking about it and then I just started playing along and it went for a couple hours of that. It was the most fun I've had and started giggling or laughing I guess and yea I don't laugh a real laugh very often. Think that was his plan all along but yea xD. And I know he was just doing so in jest cuase he's happily engaged with a beautiful woman. So now I don't hide from him and it's fantastic! Anyways enough of my rambling xD just thought I'd share my story! Wishing you all the best!!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friend, and thanks for sharing! I'm sure you have inspired a few others who are thinking about coming out, just to do that. :slight_smile:

3. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear it went well! :slight_smile: Congrats!

4. Gallatin

Congrats on coming out to your friend, and I'm glad things went well. :slight_smile: