1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Came Out!-ish?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by InsertUserHere, Dec 13, 2014.

1. InsertUserHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have been considering my feelings that I have been having lately. Yesterday night, it was pretty dark, and one my best friends was i the forest by our school with me. I wasn't sure what to say, but it felt like the right time. I just said, "Dude, I think I might be bi". He was totally unfazed by it, and didn't really seem to care at all. He just let me know that it was cool. It was sort of unreal, as if it never happened the moment after. Like a dream. But I feel a little bit lighter than I was before, like letting out a breath that you didn't know you were holding in. I want to get your opinions in the situation. Did I do the right thing? Was this good timing? Was this the right way to say it? Keep in mind that I still am questioning my sexuality.

2. Imagery

Imagery Guest

Good for you!! COURAGE for the rest of your journey.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I wouldn't worry about the questions as to whether it was the right time, if you did the right thing or the right way to say it, now... the most important thing is that you took a major step, because you felt ready to say something. Feeling a little lighter after you said it, is a good indication that you did the right thing. :slight_smile:

When it comes to coming out, there isn't a right or wrong way to say it. Coming out with the words you did, is totally fine. You can also come out by just saying you are questioning your sexuality, and leave it in general terms for now - if that helps.