1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally came out to my other brother. Why was I so afraid? lol

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Quiet Raven, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

So I told one of my brothers a few weeks ago. He said "not sure why you are being so awkward about this. It is perfectly normal." Lol.
    But I was still nervous to tell my other brother for some reason....

But today, I finally did. After talking to a counselor as well. I figured I should tell my other brother. The one I was more nervous to tell. I explained to him that I am thinking about gender therapy and hormones and stuff. What was his response?

"Cool, but that is expensive".

And the conversation went from there. Lol. I am so glad I have brothers like these. That still leaves my parrents though... I definitely can't see myself telling them anytime soon... They won't be quite as understanding... But it is nice to be out to my brothers. And I will leave it like that for now...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pad yourself on your back! Well done! :slight_smile: It's quite normal to worry about how a coming out will be received by family members, in particularly if you are not sure as to what their reaction could be. It's fantastic that your brothers are supportive and accepting.

Their acceptance and support could help you in coming out to your parents eventually. Given your siblings' support, I think it will be a lot harder for your parents to argue or not wanting to accept it for a long time. It's possible that your parents might reflect more on their own stance and ideas about being transgender and come around sooner than later. :slight_smile:

3. Quiet Raven

Thank you! Yeah, hopefully.

Also, my brother just told me now. "You are the third person this year who told me they are trans, it is not as rare as you think". I didn't know that! Lol. Jeez. I would have told him long ago if I knew that, lol.