1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm really bad...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ColbieMarie, Oct 16, 2008.

1. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

...at this whole coming out thing.

Tonight I watched Grey's Anatomy with my (straight) friend Elly. (There's a new lesbian relationship forming on the show) During the part where the two female doctors are on a date Elly turns to me and says

"Doesn't this make you want to have like a lesbian experience? Like I really want to"

"Eh, I don't know. I don't think so."

I'm not sure if she suspects anything or not because it's not the first time she's made a comment like that to me. But I don't know if she's made comments like that to our other girl friends.

2. epiphanies

I was watching that too! And it's ok, I chickened out also.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Don't worry ColbieMarie! When you are ready, the words will come flowing out. :slight_smile:

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

If you really regret missing the oppurtunity, maybe you should bring it up again. Maybe suggest you watch ianother episode, and if there's another chance, say "Hey, Griselda, you know when you asked me before about Callie and Erica and whether it makes me want to have a lesbian experience? Well, I was a bit scared to say before, but actually I think I'm bisexual." It sounds like she'd take it fine. :slight_smile: But don't worry if you can't be bothered with bringing it up again - sometimes we just feel it's not the right time, and that's fine.

5. Fiorino

Aww-don't worry about it-you'll get
    another chance.
    (*hug*)

6. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Omg, I so wish I had a friend named Griselda.

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

omg that was such a good episode!!!

8. Starshine16

Yes it totally freaking was!

9. Derek the Wolf

I wouldn't worry about it, she was probably just playin around. And don't come out before you're ready, a situation can make you rush into something you'll regret later. You made the right decision by not letting on.

10. musican

dont feel bad, i started talking to my best friend telling her that i had to tell her something and it took 4o minutes or more of me not really saying anythin about it before i told her and i didnt really say it.
    then i wanted to talk to my guidance counselor and i went in and stared at her for 40 minutes without saying too much. i said a lot of umms and nervous laughs kept coming out. then i left and came back the next day and didnt say it for 5-10 minutes. i knew she would be fine with it, but i didnt know what to say or what she would say.

11. Bunny

Ughhh, I'm having similar problems. I keep trying to come out to some friends, but I can never work up the courage. The first time I ever came out to anyone? It took me all night to write an email to my best friend, and it was so hard to push 'send' when I was finally satisfied with it. And now he pretends like it never happened. It's so...frustrating. At least your friend is open-minded though.