1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the start of my coming out journey

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Justmebeingme, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Justmebeingme

I've decided. next year will be the year I come out and tell my parents, now i know my mum will be fine she always is shes always so supportive of everything and I don't think that there is anyone else that is so close to me yet is going to be so supportive of me and of course shes gonna struggle with the fact that I don't want to use the male pronouns (I prefer they or any other non-gender binary pronouns) and that some-days I feel like a female and I think that may be hard for her to understand but it shouldn't drive a wall between us :bang: if anything it will be easier as I wont have to lie to her about being straight and she will probably ask me to go shopping with her more and shes asked me many many times if I was gay and i've said no every time because im not but I think she deserves to know so im gonna tell her next year the one person im worried about is my dad (also hes an ex Jehovah's witness) I kind of know where he stands on the ground about lgbt+ people they don't bother him at all but its the jokes he makes and okay yes my mum sometimes joins in and/or makes them herself but its mainly him and he makes them a lot and hes not trying to hurt me hes just making jokes he has no idea that im pan-sexual I don't even think he knows what it is, hes actually a really great dad if you can get past the fact he makes really inappropriate jokes and is lazy and lots of other little things but apart from that hes amazing and im sure he will be fine with it, it just worries me the most. How will they be when I say i don't want my name because its not gender fluid or the fact that one day i might actually feel like i would rather have you refer to me with female pronouns this is all part of my story so i shall keep updating as i go telling more people and getting closer to telling my parents and family.
    I may also post a few little bits in my blog that don't make it into thread updates.
    Also any advice would be amazing thank you in advance -JustMeBeingMe :kiss:

2. Gallatin

Hi there! It's good that you've set yourself the goal of coming out next year. Hopefully it goes great! If you need any support or advice, don't hesitate make a thread in the Coming Out Advice section, and I'm sure people will be happy to offer whatever help they can.

Best of luck! :slight_smile: