1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out on Facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Danielle, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Well I only have three friends on facebook and only one of them goes to my school but I say be the end of the week I will be officially out as bi. Now I am joining a whole load of GLBT groups so so I will be a quarter of way out of the closet. (still have everyone bar denying parents on trans and most of family about bi). I am preparing for the worst I know it will be better than the worst though.

but How I see it playing out is

Really Close Friends - Either we get even closer (just as friends) or they hate me
    Close guy friends - Same as above
    Distant guy friends - Don't care or hate me
    People that already hate me - Call me a fag Alot
    Distant girl friends - Maybe become closers friends or not care or hate me
    Close girl friends- Become really close friends or not care (can't see them hating me)
    Really Close girl friends- Become my fag-hag or become distant friends

Hopefully no-one cares though

2. Markio

Good Luck Chloe. I've come out to two of my friends on facebook, both of whom are gay as well, though. My mother has a facebook account though, so I can't actually reveal my orientation on my profile. :frowning2:
    What's good about facebook is that if people don't respect you for who you are, you can just delete them. Good luck again!

3. Derek the Wolf

Good luck Chloe! Facebook can be your best friend and your worst enemy. Be careful what you say on facebook and who you say it too. It's gotten me in trouble more than once.

4. Starshine16

My mom also has a Facebook so I can't share my sexual orientation status so that is a little difficult.Focus on your closest friends whether they are guys or girls.if they don't support you then they were never really friends in the first place.Don't even bother telling your distant friends because it will be worthless,especially if you aren't all that close to them.