1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So This Is How It Happened.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Silent Wolf, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Silent Wolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    When I started getting stress stomachaches from knowing for sure that I was a lesbian and that someday my family would like to know too, I finally figured it was time to get rid of some of the anxiety. I meant to do it in June of this year, but ended up waiting until the first of July because, well, I was more nervous than I'd like to admit. I ended up writing a million letters and hiding them around my room. (There might still be a few at the bottom of a drawer.) Eventually I picked the best letter, folded it into a paper airplane, and spent two nights trying to make myself throw it into my parents' room. Both of my little brothers knew by this point and they were sort of encouraging me. My littlest brother finally asked if I wanted him to go throw the letter or something. And this is the best part--I agreed. XD And he did end up going and delivering the letter I couldn't make myself give my parents. I see now that I was a bit of a nerve case about it, but oh well, it was a really huge deal for me. Back then I wasn't entirely sure what my parents' reactions would be. Thankfully, however, they were awesome about it.

So that was how I came out to my parents. Coming out to my brothers actually involved note tossing, as well.

2. lyjo

That's great, congrats. :slight_smile: Your brothers sound really cool.
    PS: It's normal to be a total nerve wreck the first times you come out, after that it just becomes fun (if everyone is supportive and accepting)

3. shostakobitch

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    congratulations on coming out! your brothers sound really fun and i hope you're not under too much stress and anxiety now!