1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I regret trying to come out at fourteen

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sepulse, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I'm eighteen right now, but I tried to come out to a few people when I was fourteen. I really regret it. Mainly because I wasn't 100% confident in my sexuality. Everyone doubted my sexuality and I eventually convinced myself all of my feelings were probably a phase. That was my HOCD talking. Maybe I should have come out as bi like everyone else. I wish OCDish people like me could be better warned about coming out. I never knew I would develop HOCD. I knew I was extremely obsessive, but I never thought that would effect my sexuality.

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

No! Always be happy when it comes down to it because this is progress! Always look forward, don't look back because you made it SOOOO much easier by not saying you were bisexual. I'm gay and FIFTEEN! I don't regret coming out as gay! Because think back to how much strength it took for you to admit it to the world and more importantly YOURSELF! don't doubt yourself…because then It's like you're taking a step BACKWARDS, you don't want to do that but in the end it's Up to you and I, despite never having held a conversation with you will try to support you! Message me when you need to! I MEAN THAT!
    Best of luck,

#2 C06122014, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  3. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I eventually did say I was bisexual. Mainly because my HOCD actually convinced me I turned bisexual. Mainly because I read that girls have a fluid sexuality. Also because I interpreted my weird feelings for guys as attraction. I also had internalized homophobia, so part of me wanted to be bi.

4. Gen

Gen

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is marked by irrational and unreasonable fears. You fears are not irrational or unreasonable. Your fears were birthed from years of disbelief and invalidation from those around you. Fourteen is a perfectly normal age to be confident in one's sexual identity; but when we are rejected and doubted by those around us that confidence can slowly deteriorate into uncertainty and insecurity. If you genuinely experience attractions exclusively towards women than the answer is crystal clear. Unless there is more information than what we have been give, you haven't identified any specific reason why you should be doubting your sexuality.

When someone doubts your identity, it is not your job to find proof to justify it. They are the ones who are resorting to speculation. You are the one who has all of the answers right inside.

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

By the way I'm not one of those guys who hates bisexuality, I think it's the same in the end we are all human you know. But ok I totally get it and yes things do change and things become clear and as you age you begin to realize some things about yourself you possibly had not realized before. So if you're realizing now that you're bisexual then Great! You've figured it out! But don't forget you have all the time you feel you need, no one is forcing you to come out, you also have all the time you could possibly want to figure out who you are in terms of your sexuality. Take your time pace yourself and well it will all work out in the end :slight_smile:

6. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

At first my emotions were pretty normal. I was kind of questioning and kind of confident. I was in a good mood so I decided to come out. Everyone doubted me. I kind of expected that, but I wasn't prepared. I'm the type of person who likes to prove themselves. I started looking for ways to prove my sexuality. All of that made me obsessed with my sexuality. That might be a bit normal. What isn't normal is that this has been going on for four years straight.

I've also had other OCD obsessions. I can't eat food that has been eaten by someone else. I also had an obsession with my glasses prescription and going blind. I would often spend hours googling signs of your prescription being wrong or going blind. I also compulsively checked my vision.

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2014 at 12:12 AM ----------

I don't really think I'm bisexual. I was just confused.

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2014 at 12:14 AM ----------

If you read my other threads you'll see why I doubt my sexuality. It's mainly because I read too much about sexual fluidity and asexuality. I also get weird feelings around guys. I'm sometimes confused about whether I'm attracted to those guys or just anxious and confused.

7. shostakobitch

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in exactly the same place you are. I'm 18 too, and i told a few people I was gay before I was ready. I really regret it now, but without that experience, I probably would have never come out to anyone, and even though I lost a few friendships through it, it's all over now and I'm glad I can move on.

8. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

How did you know you're pansexual instead of gay?