1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It feels AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lyjo, Dec 26, 2014.

1. lyjo

I first came out when I had just turned 12, I told a really close friend that I had a crush on a girl in our class. She wad cool about it even though she's from a really religious family.
    Anyway, two and something years passed and I'm now sure of my sexuality even though i never dated anyone. Last month, I started telling loads of people and it just became addictive to see their reactions. They were all so supportive and asking loads of questions. Then I told my sister, and she told me that she's bi. That got me by surprise :slight_smile:
    So far so good, but I'm afraid one day I'll get a big slap in the face when I realize that homophobia really exists (I know it does, but I've never gotten any negative reactions).
    My parents are really cool and open-minded, so my sister says we should come out at the same time. But personnally, I want to be in a relationship and tell them like that. :slight_smile:

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    The one thing about you both coming out at the same time is that I could Imagine your parents assuming some level of "sibling influence"

3. lyjo

What do you mean by "sibling influence"? Anyway, I'm going to wait to be in a relationship before coming out the them.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The feeling of being accepted, and knowing that everyone around you supports you, can definitely lead to wanting to come out even more so. Homophobia does exist but even when (or perhaps even if) you are encountering it, you might not be all that phased by it given all the support you can count on, and the fact that you seem to have become quite comfortable with yourself.

Congratulations on your coming out journey thus far! It's great to hear that everyone has been so accepting, and that your sister came out to you as well. :slight_smile:

5. lyjo

Thanks a lot Mirko :slight_smile: