1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it! This is gonna be a great (gay) year!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by bigcityboy, Jan 1, 2015.

1. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Happy New Year everyone!
    So, as the title states, I came out again! This time to my older brother on January 1st, about 2:30am EST. He's my older brother and he's one of the most awesome and important people in my life. He was totally fine with it, supportive, and said he had known since I was little and was just waiting for me to tell him. He's a lot older than me so he's a bit like a father figure to me, that's why I was so scared to tell him. But I knew I couldn't go through this year without telling him. We had a long conversation and we hugged a lot, but it went amazingly well. I also told my brother's wife, my sister-in-law, and she was cool with it too. They say if I ever need to vent or talk about it, that I can go to them.
    Great start to a new year, let's make it a good one!

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup: :eusa_danc (!)
    (*hug*)

3. ReadyToTell

ReadyToTell Guest

Congrats! I'm also from NY and going to come out soon.

4. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks! I hope it goes well for you too! We've both got good chances of our coming outs going well because NY state and NYC are such tolerant places. I'm very lucky and grateful that I live here.