1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kale, Jan 1, 2015.

1. kale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I came out about 7 hours ago and i honestly am still going through shock. My mom and her parents are disgusted and scared which i expected because they have always been that way and we live in the deep south. My dad is completely supportive and he is being great. my mom has been crying for hours and they think I'm confused or just curious and i don't really know how to handle this situation. i was not at all ready to come out but i was forced to under certain circumstances.

2. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it'd be easier to give you advice if we knew a general idea of what the circumstances that you faced were (not too specific if you're not comfortable sharing). However, from what you've told us, I think you should use your dad as a source of support. Maybe you can get him to convince your mom that you're not going to change who you are, and that it's not just a phase. I think you should find a safe environment where you can share your feelings and find support, like an LGBT center (I'm sure they have a few of them, even in a state in the Deep South) or a group of friends (if you're ready to tell them, and only if you know they're accepting of LGBT people). Just remember that you are who you are, and you love who you love. You can't change it, and it's not your "fault" because being gay is not a bad thing to be. Be proud that you had the bravery to come out, even in complicated or forced cirumstances. I hope that your situation improves and that your mom and your grandparents come to their senses and accept you.