1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been months

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kramer362, Oct 21, 2008.

1. kramer362

since I told anyone...

Just came out to my buddy online and I'm pretty much in shock. Currently he's in Iraq so telling him in person wasn't an option. but he's mentioned getting some guys together when he's home in January to find a place to rent, so I could finally move out of my parents house. I figured it'd be ridiculous to be dishonest with people I'm CHOOSING to live with, so I kinda sat at my computer for half an hour while he was online forcing myself to come out with it.

I had it typed into the message box for a while before I punched "enter" and then ran outta the room haha. He reacted really well; "alright man, tell anyone else?" and it went from there, but no real in depth discussion. Anyways I needed to get that off my chest cause I can still feel my heart beating fast and my face red etc

2. Jim1454

Wow - that's great! I can totally understand you wanting to be upfront with someone you're going to live with. It would be such a drag to have to keep it a secret from more people. Congrats!

3. biisme

That's awesome! I'm glad you managed to tell him, and it sounds like he's cool with it. Yay!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! It's great that he took it well. I think this will make it definitely easier on you as well. Congratulations!

5. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I did a similar thing when I texted my friend (i know lame, coming out through a text), I hit send and then I put my phone in my purse right away and I saw it vibrate (i was in class, lame again) and I couldn't look at it right away..

6. I'm glad he took it well! Congrats :slight_smile:

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You think that's lame? I texted my friend (Hln D - member here) in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT and then turned my phone off!! So she didn't find out (properly - she thought I was bi) until THE NEXT DAY!!

8. kramer362

haha glad i'm not the only one who did something like that. i actually ended up running downstairs and pacing for about a minute before i came back up and got really nervous when i approached my computer. it's still so weird knowing he knows this about me since i've had my guard up my whole life. it was completely different from telling one of my female friends who i KNEW wouldn't think different of me, since that's all i was out to before.

9. Mickey

YAY to you and PROPS to your friend!

10. mikeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great that you don't have to hide from your friend anymore. Isn't it funny how we always expect the worse, but get the complete opposite reaction?

Just recently had a similar experience when I told one of my friends (you might say he's kind of redneck...), but really nothing has changed between us. Now I just don't have to think of way to get around using pronouns...