1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tonysaur, Jan 3, 2015.

1. tonysaur

tonysaur Guest

So when I was in ninth grade, I came out to a few friends. Some believed me, others didn't. Later in tenth grade, I was talking to a gay friend, trying to.convince him I was also not straight.

Before all this happened, my mother found some pictures on my tablet. Needless to say, I just deleted them and we didn't talk about it. The next day I felt awkward around her. She brought up the pictures and I didn't respond.

A few months later, logging into Facebook through my sisters phone(didn't have a phone back then but now i do) well I never logged out, thus causing my sister and her boyfriend to read my messages.
    I came home from school and my mom asked me if everything was okay. I said yea and then she said it wasn't. She then asked me if I was gay. I had to tell her the truth and then she said I was.never going to be happy in life, guys were going to use me(like people don't do that already) and she said she didn't accept it but couldn't do anything about it. She told me to have sex with a girl before I decide but I know what I want.

Later that day, I erased my sister and her boyfriend from my Facebook and I told myself that my sister was dead to me.

Three days later I forgave her because i am incapable of hate.

To this day, my mom hasn't talked about it. I've come to embrace my gay side more. Telling basically all my friends and not feeling guilty about thinking a guy is hot.

I wasn't ready to come out to her and I'm still not ready to come out to everyone. But then again, it's just the rest of my family members I don't want to tell. Next time someone asks if I'm gay, I'll probably say yes.(&&&)

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw this thread yesterday but got caught up with something else before I could reply; sorry it went so long without one!

I'm sorry that your mom didn't take the truth so well the first time around. :frowning2: (*hug*) It can be hard for parents to grasp what you tell them and not voice their immediate concerns if the idea is relatively new to them.

I'd try talking with her again, honestly. She may have some concerns that you can alleviate by talking about it. Yes, you can wait, but it sounds like she may just need to talk with you about it to understand a bit more.

I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable with being gay; it's a very scary feeling when you aren't. :/ That's a great step.

Anywho - hope life is well for you. :slight_smile: Welcome to EC. (*hug*)