1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st person I have told.. ever!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RonApple, Oct 22, 2008.

1. RonApple

RonApple Guest

So, 2day was kinda the hardest thing I had done in forever. I was talking to one of my friends after university, she was getting quite personal and letting out her feeling about things, so well, I thought it would be a good time to tell her (considering i wanted to tell her for about 2 weeks). I first told her that i have been depressed and things, and then i explained that what I was gna tell her, was definitely not easy for me and I assured her that it wasn't my choice.

So basically she came towards me and well, after 1min I said "I cant even say it" and I said that quite a few times. She replied "Well i'm here whenever you want to tell me, and i'll wait as long as you want, im not going anywhere.". But it was now or never, so after a few more moments i said it, I told her i was gay. Oh my word it was hard to say it, it really was, she is the first person i have ever ever said it too in a face-2-face situation. I was too scared to look at her face, but she was so nice about it, she basically got up and hugged me (*hug*), and i started crying like a big baby :tears: .. and gosh, i don't even cry...

So, after that, we basically just sat there and spoke for a while, she understands that being gay isn't a choice, she also said that if i ever need help to come out to someone else, she will gladly come with and give me support. So i'm kinda happy bout that. She also said that I hide being gay very very well, and she told me she actually liked me very much at the begging of this year (which she wanted to tell me for a while) but she saw that i ddn't like her in that way, and now she understands why (duh! :rolleyes:slight_smile: ... So, telling her was ultra hard, I actually cant imagine how hard it is to tell your parents, I don't think i'm near ready to tell them, not even remotely close:dry:.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What a sweet friend you have there. You should keep her around. :wink: Congratulations it went so well.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on that! It sounds like it went great for you! :thumbsup:

4. funkmonk

Its good to have a friend there for support when u tell someone else. My best friend helped me tell my brother.

Glad it went well and hope it goes well with the next person u tell.

5. Henrike

The first time is always the hardest. Major congrats!

6. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Awww well done matie!! It's so silly, but honestly those three words (well two if you use I'm) really are the hardest to say. It's brilliant you've finally done it and I'm really glad you found someone supportive! Congrats there dude and hopefully there will be many more positive experiences to come! :slight_smile:

7. Congratulations! (!) Don't forget to update your out status.

8. Myke

Myke Guest

Congrats! the first one is always the hardest!

9. Starshine16

Congratulations!(!)

It should get a little easier now that there is one person on your side.

10. EM68

Congrats! You have a very good friend.

11. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awwwwwwwwww :grin:
    I just about said 'Dawwwwwww' out loud, that's great man! Contribulations!

12. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Thanx everyone :slight_smile: U all make me happy :slight_smile:

She also said that I could come stay by her if i ever need to breakaway. I got on2 the whole religious view of gay people (because she is very much into church), and she thinks thats its a sin to be gay, which I did kind of frown at. And she wants to hug me more...err ><

13. -Michael-

14. Congratulations! I'm s glad it went well for you!

Don't pressure yourself into coming out to other people, you will know when the time is right :slight_smile:

And hi, I don't think we've spoken before :grin:

15. sam bob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im so happy for you, you must have a really good friend

16. kh23172

Aww, what an amazing friend. After I told my mother, who was unintentionally the first person that found out (maybe I should write a thread about my coming out story?), I had told a few more people who sort of basically already knew. Although, there was my best friend Paige. Initially, when we met a few years ago people had told her I was gay, because people have called me gay since 6th grade, but I told her I wasn't. At that time I had agreed to myself that I was bi, but no one even knew that. She was the absolutely hardest person for me to tell, and I feel bad because I didn't even say it to her face. I texted it to her, in the middle of a texting conversation. Although it was completely uncalled for, and rude, I told myself that it was now or never.. so I did it. She was surprised at first, obviously, but I went to see her a few days later, and she told me that she loved me, and things were amazing. Like you said, she liked me at one point, and I didn't like her back, and now she knows why.. It has been a great senior year so far in high school, I wouldn't change it for anything. Coming out has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Take care. :slight_smile:

17. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm happy for you that it went well and that your friend is supportive. That's a great friend. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

No worries when it comes to coming out to your parents. Take your time. Before you come out to your parents, try to build a strong support network around you. Hopefully your first coming out will give you the courage to come out to other friends, which will allow you to become more comfortable with yourself. But do take your time and only come out to others when you feel ready and comfortable with more people knowing.

18. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Ok guys i need to resurrect this thread of mine :slight_smile: I spoke to my friend again and she wanted to reply to this thread. So im gna paste it here, i swear i ddnt edit it :slight_smile:

19. Greggers

Thats great! Sounds alot like my first coming out. Start building that Support Team! It only gets better the more accepting friends you have :slight_smile: