1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today the grandparents, tomorrow the world?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SemiCharmedLife, Jan 5, 2015.

1. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had delayed telling my grandparents on my mom's side that I'm gay for awhile given my grandma's health issues, and I didn't want her to be the last to know. Today is my last day before I go back to school and I had lunch with my grandparents and told them. They were totally fine with it and are glad that I'm happy and comfortable. They seemed so unfazed that I wonder if somehow they got tipped off. But it's all good.

I'm strongly considering posting a coming-out status on Facebook tomorrow before my plane leaves. I know my parents and sister are very anti-Facebook but I feel like I will be so much happier having it completely off my chest. So idk what to do.

Regardless I'm happy I've had yet another successful coming-out. Will keep y'all posted on what happens next. Any advice is appreciated.

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Srry no advice.....but its awesome they were cool with it ....good luck with the Facebook situation!!! :slight_smile:

3. KingJude

I would say that a FB status is the ideal way to come out to everyone. If you have told everyone important face to face, then a FB status will just inform the rest of your friends. Also, even if some of your friends aren't on FB, word should spread to them eventually anyway. If you are ready to come out to everybody, then go for it! :slight_smile:

4. indiqo

you should do it however you feel comfortable!

also I love your gender/orientation answers ^u^ hhahahh

good luck!

5. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all congrats!:thumbsup:

Best of luck with the facebook post. When I did my coming out on facebook 2 years ago I pretty much kept it simple. Just in case you need a little help in what to say here is my status from 2 years back.

"ive been doing some soul searching trying to find myself in this world, and with this new year i have decided that im going to be more open and honest with myself. love me or hate me, embrace me or shun me im the same person ive been for years but with one change. with that being said lets get one thing straight, IM NOT. "

and as always for words of encouragement just refer to my signature below.(*hug*)

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An update:

I'm back in Kentucky, where it's SO FUCKING COLD! My bf was very happy to see me, and I was happy to see him. Tomorrow's his birthday and we'll be doing various celebratory things over the next few days.

My mom had lunch with my grandma today. She told me that my grandma was worried that I had some bad health-related news when I said I had something I needed to tell them, and that she was relieved that it wasn't anything like that. My grandma said I seemed so happy, and that I'm still the same person I've always been. And she's glad I didn't tell her over the summer, when she was going through a lot of health issues.

I still haven't put anything on Facebook. Part of it is being busy with travel and getting the semester started. Part of it is that I know my parents and sister won't be happy that I made a public announcement, and I don't really want to deal with that. And part of it is that, at this point, most of the people I'm in regular contact with already know. So idk what I'm going to do.

7. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still happy that your coming out is going well. Ultimately it is your decision on when you come out publicly and not your family, but thats just my honest opinion.

And it was FUCKING COLD IN OHIO today too.