1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to 2 people tonight!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by NoDayButToday, Oct 22, 2008.

1. One was my friend who i've known for about a year.. she was so supportive and nice. i was talking to her about my fear of telling my sister and other close friends. she basically said what everyone says "if they cant accept you they arent your true friends" and she was like "your an awesome chick, ill dance with you anyday. i wouldnt change you at all"

then i told my best friend of 10 years. she just said "honestly, i knew. you never talk about guys but it doesnt change the way i look at you. i would never hate you for that" and i voiced my concern about how i would never hit on her, her get "turned on" while dancing or sleeping in the same bed. she was like "i know you wouldn't. we're too close for that." we're still talking now and it's all good.

i cried again. i feel like a big baby, but it just makes me feel so good knowing that they both support me. especially my friend of 10 years. maybe im also crying because i know some people wont take it as well, especially my religious friends. but im really relieved about everything. hopefully ill get the courage to tell more people soon!

i really want to thank the people on here. just reading your stories, and getting responses to the things i've posted gave me the strength to tell people. ive only been here for a little but i love coming on these boards!! :eusa_clap

2. Myke

Myke Guest

Congrats! Your friend is right, if they can't accept you, they aren't your true friends.

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gratz!! :grin: That's awesome!! :grin:

4. I'm glad you got the reactions you wanted! :grin:

Congratulations :grin:

5. Enaithor

Wooage!