1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friend for month of January - one person a month

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ryuuzaki, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Ryuuzaki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yesterday, Jan 12, I came out to a friend. I decided for this year that I'm gonna come out to a person every month. So I already have one down.

On Jan 11, I messaged her that I wanted to tell her something on Monday. I said it's about something many of our classmates wanted to know about me. (They want to know who my crush is.)

So she agreed. And Monday came and it was lunch. When she finished, I told her to follow me to the stairs where there are no people around.

I asked her if she had any guesses as to what I'm gonna tell her. She answered that maybe I was gonna tell who my crush is. Well she wasn't completely wrong.

My body was shaking especially my legs. I tried controlling them but they wouldn't stop. I took several deep breaths, opened and closed my mouth many times from nervousness. Then I said, looking her in the eye,

"The reason I'm not telling you [along with my classmates] who my crush is... is because my crush is a guy." And there I said it. I tried looking for any reaction of surprise but she just looked as casual as before. She asked who it was but I didn't answer. Then one classmate passed by and so our conversation was interrupted.

She told me that she was thankful that I trusted her enough to tell something like that. I said that I'll chat with her on fb later that night and we did.

She admitted that she was indeed shocked but tried to not show it so as not to offend me. She never suspected me being gay. So she asked me on our private message if it were just boys I like.

I told her I used to like girls when I was in high school but I became more interested in guys in third year college (just starting August 2013). We talked about stuff and then it came to having her determine who my crush is. I gave clues and she figured it out (though I guess I gave too many clues). I was very happy during that time. She was really accepting and I never would regret that I chose to tell her. She's the just the third person to know.

So the next step for me is choose a guy friend whom I will come out to on February. That would be a lot harder. I hope it would go as well as this.

2. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there :slight_smile:

I am happy to hear you found your way to come out to your friends and that your friend was so supportive with you! Go on with that strategy :wink:

Good luck :slight_smile: