1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to more people!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LauraLovesYou, Jan 19, 2015.

1. LauraLovesYou

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey EC... I've not been on here for a little while, but missed it very much so.

Anyways, so... recently I came out to a very close friend of mine about my identity as a transgender male.

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but she looked at me and simply said "I need time to process this" and walked away.

As you can imagine I was expecting the worst. And that she'd tell my parents or something (who I've not yet told).

A few days later, she text me asking us to meet. Again, I was super concerned.

So, we met and talked in length about the whole thing, talking about why, though that's not the easiest question to answer; for how long i've known and other stuff like that. Finally, she turned to me and just said "I'll love you no matter what you look like". Which honestly was such a shock for me, since she's made crude remarks about homosexuals in the past...

But, I still have my best friend, and it's like nothing has changed. I couldn't be happier! owo

hopefully if anyone is planning on coming out to someone soon, you'll get the same comforting response that i did!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations !

(*hug*)

3. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    good job. coming out is hard. i still havent came out as gay to hardly anyone

4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done on coming out. Pleased your friend was supportive.

5. pasinhose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Laura. I just came out to a friend a few days ago and it was a positive experience so I know how you are feeling. I am very pleased for you.