1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dudethere, Oct 28, 2008.

1. dudethere

so im gay 13 and my mom and dad and othe rpeople know mom took it soo bad.

She said the day after i told her that she just cant even talk to me...then a week later she just is depressed and stuff. The wee after that she keeps calling me a lier. Three weeks later she over hears a conversation my friend and I are haveing (i tried to leave a message and the phone stayed off the hook) the conversation was joking about my friend (how tolsd me he was bi!!!) coming over and then we started JOKING about us having sex lol as if right and well my mom didnt think we where joking. I go home and she shows up and says we need to go for a drive then she says things like her friends wont want to be her friends becuase of me how we will probubaly have to move away. I mad ethis pin and it says gay on it then like g is for great a is for awsome and y is for yeah im proud she freaked! and finely tells me she dosen't know if she is ashamed of me and she thinks taht this is a choice and its just tarrible i almost feel like i cant love her... i need help im going to a theripest in a few minutes please help me.

2. lordjord96

right she need to accept you for who you are. keep head high be who you are. and say "i am who i am and you cant change that". and ask her what she dont like about you being gay.

3. ArcaneVerse

have you sat her down and discussed everything in a mature fashion? let her know that its not a choice and that you cant change who you are, also maybe just give her some time to accept this shocking news.

Parents usually want the best for their kids, that doesn't always mean they go about things in the right way, they're human and make mistakes to.

Talk to your therapist and maybe get your mom to attend a session so both of you can discuss your feelings and thoughts.

4. Louise

I know this is really hard for you and it hurts when your mum comes out with that sort of thing but it is good that you are seeing a therapist. You say that everyone knows, what does your dad think about all this? Can he help you? Will he stick up for you against your mum?

What I think you need to do is find someone, a family member or a close friend, that you can talk to and get them to back you up. I'm not here to critisize your mum, I don't know her but in this instance she is wrong. She might be the sort of person to worry about what the neighbours say but that is still her problem not yours. If she loses friends because you are gay then that doesn't say much about her friends! Tell her this but in a non confrontational way.

You aren't going to be able to change your mum's attitudes over night, if she changes it will take time so in your mind settle yourself in for the long run and with a bit of chance she will get there and well, if she doesn't you will have to make do with the family members you have who are more open minded and love you whatever.

Just as you are as you are so is your mum. Her attitude towards homosexuality is largely due to her education she will need time to overcome it. If you have your dad, and other family members behind you then steer clear of the subject around your mum. If she doesn't want to share that part of your life then that is her loss.

Hey, you know where I am if you want to PM me. :kiss:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Its a shame that your mom thinks her friendships are more important than you living your authentic life. However, its probably not a good idea to joke about having sex when she could be listening in or wear your pin in front of her while you are trying to get her to understand you. You need to heal the wound not pour salt in it, know what I mean?

So how do you heal it? You educate your mom. Download the pflag materials, print them off and give it to her. Especially the Your Daughters and Sons. http://community.pflag.org/Page.aspx?pid=594&srcid=416
    Let her know there is help and support available. Find her a PFLAG chapter to attend. www.pflag.org

6. No One

i know exactly how you feel i told me mom and ugh it went badly and we got in a fight and i told her i didnt think i was gay......dont be like me you will regret it=(