1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out to everyone except my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by crazydiamond, Jan 19, 2015.

1. crazydiamond

And the extended family that I never see. I'm sure they'd all judge me and I really don't care because they're not in my life as it is. I started out telling just a few friends and they were all very supportive. The scariest one so far was telling my sister about my girlfriend. But when I did all she could say was "How come you waited to tell me?" and "I'm so happy for you!" so that made me really happy. That's one less person I have to lie to about who I'm going out with all the time.

Unfortunately I'm currently living at home with my mother, sister, and nephew. I'm planning on moving out in the summer, surprisingly enough, with my ex-fiance. It's kind of a messy situation but at least I'll have more freedom and once I'm not under my mother's roof anymore, I can finally come out to her and then give her space and time to accept it. She says she's okay with marriage equality and stuff, but she herself is the most judgmental person I've ever known and I know she would use my bisexuality as ammunition and emotional blackmail. She would either think it's a phase, or that I'm so desperate that I'd be with anyone who wanted me, even if it was a woman :eusa_naug :bang:

But at least I've gotten used to the looks I get when I walk around holding hands with my girlfriend and even though I've still got one foot in the closet still, I'm celebrating getting closer to being myself with everyone.

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well if you do come out to your mom hopefully she won't play the "its a phase" card or any negative reinforcement in general..hopefully you will get out on your own and do what you want to do...good luck! :thumbsup: