1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my dad today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sonoa, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was planing to tell my dad about me being a transgender on feb 17th because that's when he returns from china but my dysphoria has been worsening and was making me impatient so i ended up deciding to tell him about my situation today over skype.

I was prepared for any hint of a rejection as he has shown slightly negative signs before regarding other LGBT issues that i asked him about and he is a christian too. But to my suprise he was fine with it, he was fine knowing that i may be a boy instead and said that we can talk about this more once he comes back. I was crying from relief to know that my dad is going to help me get a haircut and allow me to present myself as a guy

He is the first person whom i've told about this so my mom still does not know but i'm glad that he at least is supportive of this :icon_bigg

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. That was a very brave thing to do. I'm glad it went well for you.

Stay strong be yourself and stay happy.

3. MisterTinkles

When given the chance, sometimes people will surprise you.