1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Client...part 2

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by boredofnormal, Oct 29, 2008.

1. boredofnormal

Hello everybody!
    As you may recall from my first post, a client called me out while I was working....Well, he and I spent one night together and continue to talk every week. He's a great guy and I wish him all the happiness in the world. I let him know recently that I really have him to thank for breaking me out of my shell and making me publicy acknowledge that I'm gay. Thanks again Pat!

In other news, I've met a nice chap first online, then with an incalculable number of phone hours, and finally a visit coming up in 4 short days. We're both very excited to meet face to face. So, I'm out to the greater world of cyberspace, 2 people at work, a friend from highschool, Pat-of course, and most importantly to myself!.

Along the way, I've discovered a great song that speaks volumes to me by a HipHop artist named Captain Magik, the song is called 'Dilemma'. I highly recommend you go out and buy it. The album is called "Young, Gay and Proud".

Its been a great ride and I'm so thankful for all the support I've found. I used to feel so isolated and alone, now I'm pretty secure in who I am.

Thats if for my update. Group Hug! (&&&)
    Tim

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kick ass. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great! Congratulations on coming out to yourself, your friend, Pat, and to some of your co-workers. It's great that the support that you have found has allowed you to take these steps.

4. Seanboy23

Congrats! Big BIG steps, and I know (from my own recent experience) that each step you take is filled with both trepidation and nervousness, along with liberation and a growing sense of freedom. Way to go!!

5. MacAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    whats happened with this!! :slight_smile:

6. boredofnormal

A quick update:
    Came out today to my wife of 23 years. We held each other and cried together. She is grieveng, but wants me to be happy. It went as well as could be expected.
    Tim

7. Seanboy23

Wow. As I said above, you are SO brave! "As well as can be expected" is about all you can say, it's a very difficult thing to do.

Congratulations may not be the appropriate word here, but you deserve props for being true to yourself and facing something so tough, especially with someone who you know going in to the discussion will be the most hurt by it.

HUGS!!!!!!!

8. boredofnormal

Hi Sean(!)
    It has been a very interesting week!
    The wife and I have spoken quite a bit as you might imagine...and it is going pretty well. She doesn't really understand why I feel the need to live my life as a gay man, but I guess I'm not really surprised at that. She has always had an aversion to anything remotely 'gay'.

Anyway, thanks for responding. I've started going to the Mens Discussion group at the Sacramento Gay and Lesbian Center on L street on monday evenings...maybe you could drop by sometime since you're a local. The group does dinner after the meeting at a local eatery.
    Tim