1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell the father?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ViGonzo, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ViGonzo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello everyone,

I am just about 28 years old and everyone knows that I am gay except my father. I don't know why I can't tell him but I can talk to everyone else about it.

Anyway, why is the father always the last to know? Have other people had this problem? How should I come out to him?

Best,
    Vicky
    :help:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well its up to you what you say since you know them best...

Empty Closets - For Parents
    Empty Closets - For Parents
    The credible scientific literature, the American Psychological Association, the American Psychiatric Association, and the National Association of Social Workers are all completely clear on this issue: Sexual orientation is fixed very early in life, likely before birth, but certainly before 5 years of age. In an exhaustive review of the literature examining every study done in the past 50 years, the APA found that there was no credible evidence that sexual orientation is a choice, that it can be changed, or that so-called "reparative therapy" is effective in altering an individual's sexual orientation.

You might say that your orientation is not a choice...
    and that its neither your fault nor your parents upbringing...

and that your orientation is only a part of you... you are still the same person...
    reliable and with the same sense of humour...

and, well, maybe that you have a feeling this will make you happy :slight_smile:

Some people come out in a letter... there are letters on EC...

If religion should be a concern, you might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/167499-coming-out-family.html#2

but take the time you need...

hugs

#2 jay777, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015