1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to some friends by shouting from on a rock

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by FlynnEnby, Feb 1, 2015.

1. FlynnEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So today i went on a hike with my group of friends in a really rocky place next to the sea where basically there are giant rocks everywhere and the only way to get through is to climb half the time (its the most beautiful place). With me there were my 2 best female friends who know I'm a lesbian, and my exboyfriend who also also knows, and is strangely cool about it considering I dated him for a year before realizing I'm gay (those were the only 3 people in the world who know I'm a lesbian), and there were 3 other guys who had no idea.
    So basically I'm the best climber from all of them, so I climbed up onto a high rock where I knew it would take them awhile to follow me, and stood up there looking at them below me.
    Then i shouted i have an announcement to get their attention. As soon as they were all looking at me i shouted I'M GAY and then i ran as fast as i could as kept running until i reached another high rock to climb, where i sat waiting for them, and I was laughing really hard and I felt so free and it was wonderful.
    It took like 10 minutes for all of them to join me, and then we just kept walking and none of them mentioned it. I don't really know if they took me seriously as no one mentioned it for the rest of the day, but I'm glad i did it cos it was really fun xD
    It was really liberating to just shout it out in the world and not be ashamed and not care who hears.
    I'm not really sure if they believed me and so if I did actually come out, but i enjoyed it and if they didn't believe me then they'll find out eventually :lol:
    That is All

2. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a similar situation with not being sure if people know or not. It's either they know, they thought I was joking, or they're wondering. I really hope they're wondering actually, because I would love for this girl to ask me "[my name], are you gay? Like, for real?"
    She did that to one of her friends (the answer was no) and it seemed like it would be cozy if it happened to me.
    Edit: Oh and I'm about 80-90% sure they thought you were joking from that situation. Lots of straight people would do that as a joke.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations on coming out. :slight_smile:

And from reading your post, it must have been a good feeling there :slight_smile: .

4. LittleGecko

LittleGecko Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me too, people often think I'm joking, and some people don't believe me.:dry::bang:

5. FlynnEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly I'm not even so concerned whether they took me seriously or not
    what i mostly enjoyed was shouting it, I've never done that before. The few other people I'd told i whispered it to and then told them not to tell anyway
    It was liberating to just shout it out to the world =D