1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to me coming out to them

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tmy14, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Tmy14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Surprise..
    I'm on the strange side of the classroom again.

Long story short, I came out to a bisexual and a lesbian as they came out to me.
    "A secret between us three" They said. They're aware that LGBTs are not welcome here.
    Glad that they took the risk to come out toe.
    Surprise. Went from a complete loner, to somebody with two girl-friends.
    I fill the stereotype, so much..

But, hopefully one day, may the country change for the better.
    Malaysia still has hope.
    At least, it will have hope when it doesn't make anti-LGBT laws based on religion.

2. Tmy14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since I just remembered that this forum is about sharing stories, I'll now do that, narrating in 1st person.

It was evening, and classes were attended. I sat near the flower garden, awaiting for my mother to come and pick me up, I was sure that dinner would be wonderful. I was not alone, though, as two of my classmates appeared, and they sat beside me. We were comparing eye colours; as typical Asians, we were born with dark brown eyes, and the only thing to set them apart were the shade differences. Likewise to the term, "we are all black when the lights are out", we used, "we can tell eye colour differences when the lights are on". I appeared to have the lightest shade when compared to them, but at a price that, I had to stare at the sun for quite some time. Not doing that, ever again.

At that time, I did not speak with my voice, and I still don't. But I know that I've made progress; I could 'survive' in conversations, though all I did were nods and shakes. Perhaps I could learn sign languages. Anyways. It just came suddenly, the conversation went from homework to attraction. They asked me if I liked boys or not, and with little hesitation, though in the end, I nodded. They were rude enough to ask if I had a lover, which, I quietly ignored. Such question. But I'll say, that moment was the best moment of my life. I technically came out to them, and they also came out to me. Technically.

One claimed to be a bisexual female, while the other was confirmed to be a lesbian. Finally. Out of hundreds of students, I've found them. Not just friends, but also, supporters. And I thought finding other LGBTs in Malaysia was extremely hard. A homophobic country, this was,cand still is. But in this hell pit, I've found faith. I've found hope.

-crack- that looks like fine writing skills to me!
    I'm aspiring to be an author, and doing that in Malaysia is just too easy.
    Ignore the anti-LGBT side of it, and it is, fine.