1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Did It!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tomahto72, Nov 4, 2008.

1. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Well hi everyone,
    Let me start by saying that this is a fantastic site and just the amount of support here is awesome!
    I have known I was gay since I was about 14 but since I went to an all boys private school I thought i would be victimised by my fellow peers so kept my sexuality very very close to my chest. Throughout those years at school I came to grips with who I was and my preferences towards men, but found myself faking a liking towards certain girls throwing up a wall and every time I did this I was just waiting for someone to say "I haven't seen you with anyone?". But not one of my freinds became suspicious ever. Halfway thru senior year I got an offer to become a GAP student in England so i took it and this was a school in the middle of nowhere but a calm peaceful place with supportive staff etc. I was always joking and talking to the staff and have been close t a few people here thru my time here. But everytime I watched comedy shows or news or anything homosexuality would always come up I just couldnt escape it. This is when I started to watch coming of age movies like Sommersturm (German film) and A Beautiful Thing. After I had watched A beautiful Thing, I knew I had to do it now. So I hit the computer and sent a cryptic email to my best friend (in Australia), but the mouse was hanging over the send button and I couldn't bring myslef to do it but in a brief moment I just clicked and I instantly knew I had made the right decision. Called him the next morning and I came out telling him everything. He never even waited to reply just came out and said (I will never forget this) "Fuck me! I had no idea, and know this I will support you through this, you are still my best friend" He said it with such a straight no nonsense voice. He acknowledged that coming out is just about the hardest thing and said I was twice the person because of it.
    I now know I have a truly fantastic friend.
    I fell alot better like I was finally winning, throughout the day I was exclaiming I did i finally did it.
    Wish me luck with the rest of my friends guys
    Cheers
    Tom

2. lordjord96

you mate sounds really good. hes one of those people that WILL always support you
    thank you for posting this

3. Mickey

YAY! Good for you! Your friend is awesome. I hope all of your coming out processes
    work as well as this one! EC is a great place. Glad you're here! Mickey*

4. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Congratz :grin: First time is the hardest, im sure it gets easier after that. Im reaching that stage too, so holding thumbs for both of us. You have a great friend!

5. Jim1454

That's a great story. Good for you! I'm glad it went so well.

6. sam bob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    brill story really glad for u

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I am glad that it went well for you. You've got a great friend.

8. george678

Well Done Tom.