1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church and Facebook.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by iiimee, Feb 12, 2015.

1. iiimee

So.... Chase here. I've been hiding from my church for a while and... My mom gave me a little push out of the closet. Still, I couldn't have been happier, despite not expecting this.

My mom wrote this-

"A few months ago, a month or so before she got sick, my children's Godmother called me and asked me what was going on with Autumn. Autumn had become distant and angry to her and pushing her away.

After a long conversation, I told her the truth. Autumn had realized that as much as she tried to be what everyone expected her to be, that she felt as if she were male. She was very uncomfortable trying to be what others expected her to be, but she was most upset about disappointing Vicki. She didn't know how to tell her, and she didn't know what to expect.

Vicki told me that she loved Autumn no matter what. That nothing she (he) could do, would ever change that. They would have eventually had that conversation, but God had other plans for Vicki and took her before she had the opportunity to reassure her Godchild.

I wish she would have had that opportunity, for so many reasons. My youngest child would now like to go by the name Chase. And be referred to by male pronouns. This has not been easy for any of us, but one thing has been easy. I love Chase, and I love my other two children, Christian, and Amber with all my heart. Nothing can change that.

If this is difficult for me, I can only imagine how difficult it can be for others. But love is what we are all here to learn and to teach. I love my son as much as I loved him as my daughter. I hope we can all learn and grow through this together, as this is not something I ever studied or expected.

I truly believe that love is the only thing that is important in this life, and it is what God sent us here for. Both to learn and to teach. If you can't find it in your heart to accept my child, I do understand. We are all in different places in our lives, and none of this is easy.

Love is easy though. Just opening your heart, and loving those who have a different path, that is easy. Chase's life will be, by definition, difficult. Even if he had decided to ignore it and live as a female, his life would have been difficult. But my baby decided to be true to himself, and I can't even imagine how brave he had to be to do so.

My heart breaks for the friendships and the connections he will lose. But hopefully those will be compensated by the true love and friendship he will build throughout his life, living authentically.

He loves his church with all his heart, and I pray they can love him for who he is, and appreciate him for all he can give. I do know there are churches who will, but this one is where his heart is. Churches teach many things, but Jesus taught just one, and that was (and is) love. Nothing else really matters."

Thanks mom... :kiss:

2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HEY YOU!!! GIVE YOUR MOTHER A BIG HUG AND TELL HER ITS FROM ME!!! <3
    "God send us here to learn and to teach."
    But seriously, give your mom a big hug and tell her its from me. I dont know her, but tell her that there is one person, me, that will always pray for her. I wish your mom can talk to my mom and my family. You are VERY lucky to have her. NOW GIVE HER MY HUG. :grin:

3. PossumJack

Aw man, I actually teared up reading this. *hides*

You know what? Add another hug on top of golgari's, your mom is such a wonderful and supportive parent. I'm not religious, but she just restored a tiny bit of my faith in humanity.

I wish you luck and hope your church is just as accepting (*hug*)

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your Mom is a wonderful person and I hope her comments are received well by your Church, for one thing is certain, your Mom's final few words were/are absolutely true. Good luck Chase.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really sounds like you have an awesome mom :slight_smile: I hope that the church reacts to this well. :slight_smile:

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *shivers*
    Your mum is awesome.
    I want to congratulate her for being so awesome.

7. iiimee

Thanks guys! It made me nervous but also so happy!