1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out on Election Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sdc91, Nov 5, 2008.

1. sdc91

Well, a few good things last night (besides the bad this morning).

I'm out to two more friends, one of whom was my suitemate last year. They took it really well. It was actually kind of funny.

I was in a car ride with my roommate (already out to) and friend #1. Apparently, friend #1 had figured out that I was gay (and even guessed who I had a crush on). He brought it up and I just said, "ok, so?" He was disappointed because he wanted more drama and he had planned his entire week on this moment. lol, sorry to disappoint. He's fine with it.

Then once we were back in the dorm, we were talking about it and I mentioned that I wasn't out to friend #2. My roommate immediately called him up and made him go to my room, and he outed me to him during Obama's speech (he just wanted to be an asshole). Friend #2 just shrugged and said alright, and friend #1 was disappointed again because he wanted more drama (he's not a drama king; he's just quirky and thought it would be fun or something).

So, out to 2 of my closest friends here. Both guys I live with, both okay with it.

There's just one more main friend, but he's really religious and conservative so I don't think it'll go over too well with him. Especially not with his parents. I had lunch with them once after church (he invited me and I had nothing better to do), and they mentioned some gay bar in town that burned down and his mom stated she hopes it never reopens.

2. Goliath

Congratulations, it's always important to feel accepted! :slight_smile:

3. Grof142007

i have been lucky to never have someone close to me say something like that cause i would disown then in a heartbeat

4. Nodnarb

Congrats! Sounds like you have some pretty good friends:slight_smile:

5. Blaz

Blaz Guest

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on that! :slight_smile: