1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my mom...help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by HiAndBi, Feb 14, 2015.

1. HiAndBi

So today is Valentine's Day and all, so I (being the idiot I am) decided to come out to my mom as bisexual.
    I wasn't thinking...I came out WAY too early. I've known since December (2014).
    While my mom was out shopping, I decided to text her - much easier than face-to-face.

ME: Mom, I have something to tell you
    It took me so long to get enough courage to send that text...
    MOM: What
    ME: I'm bi
    MOM: Pardon
    ME: I'm bi. It means I like boys and girls..
    My mom never replied after that.
    When she got home, she said nothing. She took my phone - to confirm that yes, I sent those messages. She asked me if I knew what "that" means, and I said yes. Duh.
    She glared at me, giving my phone back and said we'll talk about this later. She also wanted to know where I learned this stuff. She's pretty wary of me being on the internet, so I refused to tell her.
    I'm depressed now. I've humiliated myself. I should've waited. I don't know how I'll explain this...worst V Day ever :'(
    Help! :frowning2:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First, have a (*hug*)(&&&)

You didn't know the outcome, you gave it a try.
    Its completely ok.

You have a few options (there are more than listed :slight_smile: ):

you could have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...neric-encouragement-me-telling-parents.html#3

you could wait if she talks to you about it...
    its possible she won't talk much about it...

or you could try to explain, talk to her seriously, maybe over a cup of coffee...

or maybe think about a letter at some time...

just calm down... cheer up...
    and imagine a good outcome :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

#2 jay777, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  3. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First of all, you are SO brave to have done this at your age, you should be proud of yourself! I know it may seem awful now because your mom doesn't seem supportive but look at the positive side, you have come out and won't have to keep this a secret anymore. That's huge!

How does your mom generally feel about homosexuality? Has she ever said anything negative about gays etc?

4. HiAndBi

@jay777
    Thanks - I'll have a look at that thread :')

@blueberrykisses
    I'm not really too sure what either of my parents think about homosexuality - sometimes my dad jokes about it, and then my mom scolds him...
    Neither of them have said anything DIRECTLY negative imo, no one in my family talks about it. I've never been able to talk to my parents about crushes/love (boys) either. I have a feeling they think I'm too young to know, and to think that I am bi.