1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Coming Out Adventure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexIs94, Feb 18, 2015.

1. AlexIs94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out a variety of ways to different people...

The first person to know was my one friend who is transgender so I felt most comfortable telling her. So I just plain and simply (I know this is boring) sent her a message over Facebook and told her. I would have in person if she didn't live two hours away.

To other friends, I went over one night in my fem look (I'm biologically male and am genderfluid) and just was like, "What's up, girlfriends!?" and their faces dropped but they showed their support for me.

The most challenging was my father. He saw me one night with my nails painted and my hair up and I was in my fuzzy comfies and he pulled me into my room and cornered me forcing me to come out...not a comfortable situation in the slightest.

The rest was through Facebook. That's where my mother and step mother along with other friends (all of whom I had no clue liked the page on which I posted). In the end of it all though, everyone expressed their support but my father and step mother just cautioned me because I have old-fashioned grandparents who wouldn't understand if it slapped them across the face (so perfectly understandable why they show that concern) along with young siblings who wouldn't understand because of their age and extremely limited understanding of the world (again, perfectly understandable).

But yea, that was my adventure! It all happened very fast and it was all jarred in motion by my father cornering me after the first couple friends. Either way, I'm about 60% out now and am just going about my life how I see fit!

2. lgbtqenjolras

Congrats! Good luck with your grandparents-my dad's side of the family is like that, and frankly I'm terrified to tell them.