1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After Reading This, You're Probably going To Hate A Cow

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JooBooGoo, Feb 19, 2015.

1. JooBooGoo

Hi! Please note that like the title says, after reading this you are probably going to hate a cow. I know that does not make any sense now but it will soon.

About a year ago (December 2014) I Googled up "how to tell parents about being gay" after I found out about my (non-straight) sexuality. I sent my older sister an email after reading wiki-pages, online forums (including Empty Closets), and watching LOTS of YouTube videos. The first person I ever came out to was my older sister through an email.
    A week later, I came out to my dad, this time in person, and if you know me (which you most likely don't) I am extremely shy and often times afraid to talk to new people. So as you can imagine i started crying and could not simply say "I'm Gay" but instead had to write it out (wait did I just contradict myself).
    My grandfather lives in a cattle ranch in Texas and is extremely homophobic. After I came out to my dad, he (even though he is lgbt friendly) decided to post my coming out (with my name included) on Facebook. Anyway remember my grandfather? Well he ended finding out about me being gay after looking on Facebook. About a week later he emailed me a video, of how I compare to one of his cows and how it's "unnatural" and I should visit him to find a "cure for my gayness".
    Now are things starting to make more sense? Though you might disagree since the cows didn't do anything, but I needed a cool title. And I never replied to his email and he now simply refuses to talk to me. But hey as long as I have supportive freinds I'm fine with that.
    And sorry this post is so long, but I had a lit to say.

2. Lanker

Aww, poor cow :icon_sad:, I don´t hate it.Hell, now I have a bigger problem with your grandfather than with the cow.

Sorry that you had a bad reaction from a member of you family. Hope you don´t feel too bad about it. At least it´s not someone you live with, because believe me, that´s way worse.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very sorry to hear that your grandfather isn't very supportive of you. [​IMG]
    I'm sure you already know how ridiculous it is that he would say something like that, but I hope you never pay that kind of thing any bit of mind because you're perfectly natural. (*hug*)

Stay strong!

4. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He's argument isn't even close to valid, 'cause most people tend to agree that cows are natural. :rolle:

5. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. JooBooGoo

Thank you all for your supportive and kind words!
    I should probubly go ahead and change the title scince you know, THERE IS NO REASON TO HATE COWS!!! It's been a little over a year scince I talked to my grandfather now. Thr rest of my family was much more supportive of me though =').

#6 JooBooGoo, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  7. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When did you come out? It says December 2014 but it also says about a year ago. December 2014 was only a couple of months ago.

8. JooBooGoo

Sorry about that, I actually came out in december 2013, it seems I left my brain in another room when writing this.

9. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You should email him back and say that he needs to come visit you in the 21st century where the community accepts people who are different and that science has proven that sexuality can't be cured. No offense but he sounds like a bigot, and I am sorry thats what he said to you. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

10. Nathaniel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry you had a bad reaction from a family member, I may not have much experience in the coming out department, but I have dealt with many non-understanding family member in the past on a variety of issues, including ones on myself and others, both family and friends. My advice to you is to not just let this lie, talk to your grandfather and he'll him understand hat this is not unnatural, that it is perfectly normal. Just sit down and talk it through with him, if he is a reasonable man (and I'm sure he is) then he should understand. The best of luck to you in all things, and congratulations on coming out. I'm so glad to be seeing more and more good coming out stories than bad nowadays :icon_bigg

Thank you for sharing your story and good luck to you.