1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by choirsmash, Feb 20, 2015.

1. choirsmash

I've been wanting to tell a certain group of people for a few weeks now. I met them on a retreat over the summer and became really close with all of them. I was hesitant to post on our facebook page because I didn't know who could see it, but I talked to the guy I had been out to about it and he suggested a group chat. I had never thought of that haha. So, I made a group chat with all of them (at least the ones who have facebook) and came out to them. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but it was still rough to type up the whole thing. Of the 30 or so who saw it, 13 responded all positively. Some did say things like "the part of the brain that determines sexuality isn't fully developed until age 25" and then how their friend thought she was gay but then realized she wasn't or something like that. But, they mean well and everyone who responded is pretty supportive so that's awesome.:icon_bigg

2. Sh1f73r

Epic :grin:
    Congrats

3. choirsmash

Update: two more positive responses! Some of their replies, like I said before, mean well but they're..interesting. I just look at some of them and think "you tried and that's what matters.."
    But yeah that was a very positive experience, I can't wait to tell my music teacher (he was the one who suggested it)