1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mother last night

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lullaby, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Lullaby

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So last night my friends and I were talking Shroedinger's cat, and decided to open the proverbial box, and tell my mother. Yay for me right?
    No. The way she reacted hurt me more than her yelling at me ever could.
    She said, "I call bullshit."
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    Gee Mom, thanks for being supportive, and unconditionally loving. You know, like a mother.
    I can't stop crying right now. If my own mother wont fucking take it like an adult, how is my fiance going to react? It took a lot of courage to tell my whore mother, although admittedly over text os rather cowardly, and she dismisses it as me being confused, or lying. FUCKING BITCH!!!

2. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi yeah your mother reaction was not the best. but I wouldn't lose hope yet. For many of us LGTB it took a lot to become comfortable in themselvse, so often our families need some time. She now is on denial, because it is easier for her than to face the truth.

I feel sorry for trans people, especially trans women because you receive the worst treatment by society. My advice is to take little steps. try to explain what transgenderism is, maybe start presenting more femenine in her presence. I'm afraid it is going to be a looong and bitter process, but have faith because many people started out negatively to end up being accepting.