1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Said it aloud...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Robbie, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Robbie

It is really a short story, but since that was my first time, to tell it anyone, I thought I would share it with you...

I was sitting on the train, on my way back to the university, and I had a moody moment, so I wrote on facebook to one of my friends, that I would like to talk to her personally, this week.... to my surprise, she was so worried, that she made free her night, and we met tonight....

So we were just walking in the town, and I was trying to tell her about my feelings, and orientation, but I just couldn't say it aloud... we were sitting on a bench for more than an hour, when I finally blurted out "I'm gay".... she took it well, and said, that she will treat me just as before... it was a good thing to hear, but I just can't feel the stone falling from my heart.... :confused:

Was it too early to come out? Or was it just a small step from the many, that are still coming?

2. pgc317

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like you didn't experience much relief from telling your friend. I was in the same position at first. I felt awkward around that friend just knowing that she knew my secret. It does get easier to handle and you will soon start to feel some relief and comfort in knowing you have someone to talk to.

3. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm from Hungary too! (!)

It's understandable if you don't feel relieved since, as you said, she is the only person you are out to. So you're still keeping this from the rest of the world. And yes, this was just one step but it wasn't a 'small' one, coming out to someone for the first time is a HUGE step! So give yourself some credit, that was a brave thing to do! But you will have to come out over and over again to everyone you know and then even after that you will have to come out to people constantly throughout your life when you meet new people etc. It's just the way it is unfortunately. But at least someone knows now! And they had a positive reaction! :kiss: