1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to more people!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by choirsmash, Mar 9, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Ok so yesterday I came out to my best friend. She's pretty religious and I wasn't really planning on even coming out to her any time soon. We just happened to be talking about it and we were saying how each other would respond if one of us came out as gay. She said she would respond positively so I took that as an opportunity to tell her. She kinda figured it out about a week ago and didn't want to ask. She said I'd been shady on the topic of my meetings with our music teacher (my mentor, basically) and my upcoming meeting with the guidance counselor. That was a relief, can't wait to tell Mr. P about that.
    Today, I had my meeting with the guidance counselor. It went really well! I was super nervous beforehand, but now I realize there was no reason to be nervous. She even has a "safe zone" sign that she plans on hanging up outside of her office so LGBT+ kids know they can come to her to talk. That was awesome, so I'm feeling really good right now.
    I handed in my writer's notebook today, waiting to get it back. I'm not concerned with any entries except the story where I basically am coming out to my teacher. I'm anxious to get that back. :icon_bigg (!):eusa_danc

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations.
    You are a brave girl.
    I hope all goes well for you.

3. Gallatin

Congrats on coming out to your best friend. Hope all goes well with the teacher. :slight_smile: