1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out in an awkward and dorky way

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lua, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Lua

Lua

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So a few weeks ago I told my best friend that I'm probably bisexual. She was super supportive and proud of me, which made me so relieved and happy! I didn't just tell her outright though... The night before, I composed this short document in Notes on my phone and read it aloud to her the following day:
    Fun ways to come out as questionably bisexual
    •"I love Korrasami so much, they turned me bisexual."
    •"That guy's hot. That girl is too. Hahaha I'm bisexual."
    •"My favorite colors are pink, purple, and blue. That obviously means I'm bisexual."
    •"Help I can't draw a straight line anymore, the lines diverge and go both ways."
    •"The Ruler of Tolerance now bends both ways."
    •"Y'know I was sometimes a substitute player in my soccer days. You could say I play for both teams."
    •"See that cake? See that pie? I want both."

We ended up laughing and hugging and I felt really good about my decision and my identity. I'm planning on coming out to a couple other close friends soon so hopefully that goes as well as this did! Thanks for being so helpful and supportive guys :icon_bigg

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great stuff. Do you think her positive response has given you the confidence to tell your other friends?

3. Lua

Lua

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! It definitely has. I've come out to about 10 other friends since then, so I think it's safe to say I'm feeling more comfortable with it.