1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I've told my mom and my best friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by boarder25, May 22, 2007.

1. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few weeks ago, I finally brought up the courage to tell my mom I was gay. She was accepting and everything, didn't really make much of a big deal about it. She was pretty disappointed about not having grandchildren, but I assured her I'd probably still adopt as I want children when I'm older. So all is well on that front. :icon_bigg

A couple days after that I told my best friend. He couldn't have been more accepting. He knows a few other gay/bi people, so I already knew in advance he had no problem with it. Still, I couldn't have asked for a better friend. He's even gone out of his way to help me meet some other gay guys, while still doing his best to respect my wishes to keep my sexuality pretty much a secret. When someone says something homophobic, he will gladly say something to them, and I can tell comments like that really bug him. If I didn't know better I'd say he's gay :lol: We've become even better friends after I told him I'd say actually.

So yeah, I'm glad my mom knows and she accepts me just the same, and I'm simply blown away by the response of my friend. I couldn't possibly imagine how anyone could have a better and more supporting friend. :icon_bigg

2. That's really really awesome that it worked out for you like that. You're really lucky to not only have a mom like that but a friend too!:eusa_clap

3. Zec24

I agree with Emperor. You are really lucky to have such understanding people around you. Congrats on coming out too.

4. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys, I'm just so grateful for what I have now. I know so many have such a horrible experience with coming out to their parents, and I'm just so glad I was lucky enough to have a mom who wasn't angry in the slightest, and to have such an awesome best friend. :slight_smile:

5. SadConfusedBandGeek

awww thats awesome!!:slight_smile::slight_smile: Congratz on working up enough courage to do it! The result was certanly rewarding:wink:

6. ampthejazz

That's so awesome man. I'm glad everything's worked out so far!

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish things were like that here...

8. Swimmerboy

What's it like for you?

9. Swimmerboy

OMG! You make me want to do it! But, I don't have enough courage right now. :bang:

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When my son came out to his best straight male friend, it went really well too. This friend was taking a Human Sexuality class at the college and when my son came out to him, he just started talking about everything he'd learned in this class about the variances in human sexuality. It was great. Ironically, I go to this same class and give presentations on a regular basis now because I remember the influence it had on my sons' friend and how important it is for them to hear personal exeriences from people who have been there.

11. Rob13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is awsome! I came out to my mom not long ago. I got a similar response. I kinda wish I had a friend like yours... He sounds really supporting. I live in a homophobic town atm, so I am not expecting any of my friends to be as good as him any time soon. But I am off to Ottawa for University in 2 months so I don't really care as much now... I'm really glad everything is working out and I really like your thinking. Being grateful for everything and such. That kind of thinking will only lead to more good things. Again, congratz at coming out! I know it is hard... lol.

Rob

12. coreyjazz23

It's always great to have a friend who is that accepting. My situation is similar...except for the fact my my great friend is bi as well.

13. Mikeyy

*cough cough*

that was a MASSIVE BUMP!

14. EM68

Awesome!

15. Derek the Wolf

Congrats! It's great to hear you've got a friend like that, it always makes the whole process so much smoother. xD

16. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well for you. :thumbsup: