1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most uneventful coming out ever

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Azael, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Azael

I decided to come out to my close friends a few days ago. Most people at my school are pretty open so I wasnt worried about their reaction but still wanted to be honest with them. Still braced myself for every reaction possible.
    Guess i didnt need to. 'Cause I got none.
    Got stressed for nothing. I told them and didnt get any reaction other than a ''its ok''
    Then subject change. Wow. xD I mean, its great but still, I was nervous for days, they could have had some reaction x)

2. Gallatin

Well, I'm sorry that you didn't get more of a reaction, but on the bright side, there was nothing negative! Anyways, congrats. Regardless of reaction (or lack thereof) what you did still took a lot of courage. :slight_smile:

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that all your school accepts you!
    Be thankful that there was little reaction, When I was your age being gay was considered a mental illness. So coming out was a big deal way back then.
    It is natural to be stressed and afraid when you are telling the world something so deeply personal to you. It requires you to be very brave. Give yourself a pat on the back! :eusa_clap

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be argued that you got the very best reaction you could possibly wish for. I know it feels like little 'reward' for all of the stress and anxiety, but when people no longer react to us coming out it's a good sign of progress. Contrast it to what Tom (above) might have expected at your age and there is much to be thankful for.

Anyway, well done for facing down the anxiety and coming out. You did great! :slight_smile:

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, this "non reaction" is 1000 times better than a negative reaction. congrats on coming out to them.:thumbsup:

6. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congrats! :slight_smile:

7. Yosia

First off - congrats on coming out!

Like said above, I think no reaction is better than a negative, when I came out to my friend who was like the first person I told properly I got no reaction either, but I thought it was quite amusing. My story was a bit like this:

Her: I'm hungry, let's go to the shop.
    Me: Ok sure, but first I want to say something...
    Her: What is it?
    Me: We're besties so I can tell you and you will be one of the first to know, I am pansexual or just say bisexual if it's easier.
    Her: Same. Let's go eat.

I thought it was quite funny, now pretty much everyone knows my sexuality and I don't hide it anymore. It becomes easier with time trust me. And your first is always the hardest, but you are past that now! Good kuck for the rest of your journey! <3

8. Azael

Oh I know to be grateful for it ^^ im certainly not complainning
    Thank you all :slight_smile: