1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well One person is off the list...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ronnie92, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Ronnie92

Sorry I took so long to post this, I'm still a little upset. Tuesday, I was at home with my father. Well, I am just sitting in my room when my father comes and asks me if I want to go out. I say no, and then he launches into a lecture about how I am a hermit and need more friends, but then he says something he never said before, "I suspect some things, and need you to know that I am here for you". Well I knew right off the bat what it was, but every time I tried to say something he would cut me off, then say how he thought we could trust each other and how I should come to him when I feel unsure. Then the bomb hit, he tells me he has gone through my computer's history and bookmarks to see if he can get to know me better. I went from being nervous to being incredibly pissed. So when he asked what I had been ready for, "do you like boys". I said, "Yes I'm bisexual dad. It's natural and nothing is wrong with it". Now you would think he would launch into questions, but not my father, he starts yelling about how my gay uncle couldn't go to his father and how I should have trusted him. I know do not know what to do, of course I'm glad he tool it well, but how could he violate my privacy like that. He just moved back with us two months ago and he thinks I will readjust just like that. I just don't know what to do.

#1 Ronnie92, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. Grof142007

Kudos for Him Taking it well You will be glad later. BUt if he just came back into your life he has no right to jump through your stuff like that. Let him Know He Trying to Hard will Might just push you away. Also You might want to let your Mother Know what his doing she might be of some help

Best wishes

3. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have every right to be angry with your Father; by looking through your browser history, he has overstepped a mark - one of trust.

But cut him some slack; it is obvious that he suspected you are - at least - gay, otherwise he wouldn't have done his research into your computer. Your Father wants to be what his Father wasn't (assuming that your Uncle is his brother): approachable.

Have a chat with him - man to man - and tell him that you are glad he is looking out for you and is accepting of your sexuality, but let him know that you are upset about him going behind your back when all he needed to do was ask.

4. slkayley

I agree just chat and explain to him that if he ever wants to know something about you to just ask, instead of going behind you're back.

5. No One

your lucky when i told my mom she was mad that i was confused then it got so bad that i said i wasn't gay..........i regret that a lot=(

6. Ronnie92

Thanks, guys. I talked to him and told him how I felt. We hugged and everything went great. Again thanks for the support.

7. george678

Ah Man I would be really annoyed at him If I he did that at least you had the guts to tell him.

8. James2612

I am pleased its all good now...
    Its nice he was more bothered about you not talking to him, rather than being gay!!!

9. gemerency

yah dude, the computer thing is kinda f***ed up but otherwise i think you have the coolest dad evar. lucky >.>

10. gaius

gaius Guest

god if my dad ever went through my laptop....lucky for me its got a fingerprint reader lol, i can understand where ur dads coming from here though i think he really wants to be there for you even if he went about it in the completley rong way