1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of my aunts knows (the straight one)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wander, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Back when I posted my first coming out thread so many weeks ago, it was only for my mom. During that event, I told her that she could tell certain members of the family but not others. Well, she emails me regularly to give me updates about her life and interesting news stories (she lives separately from me), and today's email contained a little snippet to the tune of "Oh, and I told Aunt K---- your secret. She was fine with it". Oddly enough, I have two aunts on that side of the family and K is the only straight one of the two. I'm confused as to why my mom would choose to not tell the lesbian aunt first, but it's not like it matters. K is a truly hilarious person and one of my closest relatives, so I'm glad that she took it well.

2. Congratulations! That's one more person you don't have to worry about. :thumbsup:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You are loved. :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's wonderful that your aunt took it well.

5. george678

You are blessed and I think you have a good family.

6. TriBi

Sounds good!

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Half of one. You have no idea what my dad's side of the family is like. He's not bad himself, but there's a reason we don't communicate with his relatives much.

I just want to take the opportunity to tell anyone who has the ability and the desire to come out safely: do it. The relief is huge, you finally get living people who you can talk to, and that feeling of having to cover your tracks is gone. The aunt lives a state away from me and I probably won't see her until Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I've always known she would take it well.

8. Linkmaste

Same with my family. My moms side can get used to things but my dad's side (including dad himsef) well we dont talk or speak to each other. Congrats on the comming out thing. I does feel good I geuss but right now im kinda on gaurd. But meh your right about that dude.

9. Nodnarb

Congrats!:grin:

You know, after I've heard this so many times, you'd think I'd just get it over with already...

I've been contemplating coming out to my sister and grandma, both by letter. I'm hoping for Monday, at least for my sister. But they probably know already anyways. I'm my most "stereotypically gay" around those two. And my cousin James....one of his best friends is gay. But we've always had a strange relationship...and I don't trust that he would keep his mouth shut...