1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay! More people know!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Miles D, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Miles D

So, yeah, I'm no n00b at coming out. I've been out as bi to my friends since middle school. But I've only been living as male for about three months. I came out to my parents as trans (and also as bisexual, but that was less of a big deal) over the past break when I went home. I was really nervous, and literally told them ten minutes before leaving to get on my flight back to school.

Since then, I've been in contact with them. Of course they still love me, and have started using "Miles", although it usually goes "Hey [oldname]! Oh.. umm... I mean Miles..." In other words, it's not fluent to them yet. But they're honestly working on it.

My parents went to a trans conference/workshop at my church (Unitarian Universalist) and learned a lot. And they went totally on their own will, no prompting or anything. And my dad apparently got up and said something to the group about me!! Yay outness!!

And apparently my parents told one of my aunts and her two sons who are close to my age, and pretty much the relatives I'm closest to. Also my dad has told his brother and one of his sisters, so the ones that I'm also close to. :icon_bigg

So, basically, it's totally awesome!!! More people in my family are in the know, and it's going to be awesome to home during the next break!

(One sidenote: we've decided not to tell my grandparents, because even though they are great people and know they'd accept me, they have advanced Alzheimer's, so they wouldn't remember anyway, and we don't want to freak them out or anything!)

:eusa_danc

Thanks for reading!
    -Miles Douglas Wilcox

2. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's great....congradulation :slight_smile: there will be more to talk about though...

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's great that your parents took part in the trans conference/workshop. I am so happy for you. :slight_smile:

4. george678

Congrats I hope you have a good break and they get on with you the same.

5. Amy

Amy

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

*does a happy dnace for miles*

If you couldn't tell, I'm really happy for you.

*HUG*

6. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

That's so awesome! I'm uber excited for you!

7. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's brilliant news! (*hug*)

8. Miles D

Thanks everyone!!!
    (*hug*)

:grin: