1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my brother indirectly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ArcusPuer, Nov 14, 2008.

1. ArcusPuer

So my brother the other day had been talking to me when i was trying (in my mind anyway) to come out, and he was saying "why do fags talk like girls? even more like girls then girls."
    anyway that conversation died quickly, and then today he was on the phone to his friend and i said "u know how u were talking about how gays speak, well u do the same kinda thing when u talk with ur friends, u have ur a's more pronounced and use phrases that arent that common. " so anyway he said i shouldnt defend fags coz it makes me seem suspicious.
    so then he laughed as he went out the door with my parents to Diamon Creek (its like an hour away)
    So i felt really sad and i slumped in the corner of my room. i then texted my mother and father simultaneously asking them that if they thought it was right, i wanted them to tell my brother as i just couldnt do it.

i then pulled the battery outa my phone through it on my bed and had a long shower.

when i got out i put the battery back in and my mother had sent me a text.
    "-insertbrother'sname- says it does not change his opinion of you. but he is gobsmacked!." and then something about them going to a friends place for a cuppa.

so i did it in a completelely cowardly way but its done.
    i'm so happy, i feel so much better even if it wasn't face to face....

2. Mikeyy

Better than expected, ey?

Well done ArcusPuer

(i hate not being able to say your real name. :frowning2:)

3. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why have a dog and bark yourself?

By that, I mean don't don't feel that you have to come out to people on a face-to-face basis, sometimes it helps to reduce the stress of the coming out process when others can come out for you, particularly in a situation like this.

It was perhaps better coming from your parents, as it shows your brother that they have already accepted you for who you are.

Cowardice? Not at all.

4. george678

Well done so Much!!!!!!
    (*hug*):kiss:

Same

5. Peter

Well done boy. Another one off the list:icon_bigg. You come out the way that makes sense considering the circumstances and the people. There is nothing cowardly about not doing it face to face. You told them to tell him even after what he had been saying and I applaud you for that :eusa_clap