1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my older sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LyndisLegion, Apr 1, 2015.

1. LyndisLegion

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not a particularly amazing coming out story but it's the first I've done since joining this site, so I thought to mention it here.

My older sister is pretty easygoing but like typical older siblings she still thinks i'm a bit immature and needs to guide me in my life, plus she has a young daughter (4 years old) , so I wasn't 100% sure she would be fine with my coming out.

Well this evening she was driving me to get my ears pierced and conversation pretty much went as follows:

Me: "You know what, I might as well tell you- I'm bi."
    Sis: "Really?"
    Me: "Yeah"
    Sis: "Are you sure of this?"
    Me: "I think so, I always feel I'm more attracted to girls in different ways to boys."
    Sis: "Well as long as you're sure then it's your choice*. I'm right behind you!"

She then asked me who else I've told, and not to worry about what people will think (my dad and potential extended family included) because I don't need to announce it to everyone.

I'm really happy and think my sister and I are closer than ever! :eusa_danc

*By choice, she meant my decision to pursue the partner (male or female) I want, rather than to remain closeted and frustrated- not that being LGBT is a choice.

2. amigec

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :thumbsup: Congrats! It's always good to have someone accept you. Glad you took the chance to tell her!

3. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

That's awesome