1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Florestan, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I told my brother I wasn't sure I felt like a guy. He caught me in the middle of a really bad case of depression, and while I didn't think it was a good idea to share this with him, I did it anyway.

He wasn't exactly thrilled. At first he misheard me and thought I said I was gay. It was really hard to explain myself, but he eventually understood. His first response was to blame my ex (who is pretty openly against traditional gender roles).

Despite the bad beginning, he eventually calmed down enough to ask, and be asked, some tough questions. By the end of the conversation, his opinion hadn't changed, but he admitted he was biased.

I still think it was a rash decision, but some good did come out of it. After pushing me a bit, he got me to say that, even if I decided not to label myself female, I still want to look and act female. That statement goes a long way in helping me understand myself. He also showed me that I still have a lot of research to do. Most importantly, he still cares about me, and we parted on good(ish) terms.

Hopefully, though, in the future I'll give it a little more thought before telling anyone.

2. Foz

Foz Guest

While coming out maybe didn't quite happen on your terms, it's a hard thing to do and its now out of the way and in the grand scheme of things, that's a really good outcome you had.

3. Artymus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Aww :frowning2: that kinda sucks but I'm pretty sure he will be a little more open minded later but as long as he still loves you that's good!

4. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have hope for him. It wasn't long ago that I would have agreed with him, and look where I am now.

5. Im Hazel

Well done for talking about it. It will get easier. Stay strong, and good luck for the future. I am sure he will understand eventually.