1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Coming out Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hyliana, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Hyliana

Hyliana Guest

So, it's been a while since I actually came out to my parents, but I though i'd post my story here anyway.

So far everyone in my life has been accepting of the fact that I am transgender, and well, I feel really grateful that they have.

Day one of coming out:

The first person I came out to was my best friend, and I told her that I was questioning my gender identity when we were on out way back from a near by town and she was surprisingly accepting of it and told me she'd be there if wanted to come out to my parents.

Day Two: So the next day I finally mustered up enough courage (which wasn't much) to tell my Mom, and so my friend came over and we hung out a bit thinking of ways for me to come out (she came for moral support). I was really nervous, and could probably have done it better, but I did it, and she eventually came to accept me for who I am (though at first she though it was psychosis... -_-).

I later came out to my dad and I think he's still in the denial phase understanding the "new" me.

I haven't really come out to anyone else besides my LGBT+ club, family, and best friend yet as i'm still trying to cut ties with an extremely homophobic/transphobic hometown.

2. vrygy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's great you have such a supportive friend and mom! Your dad'll come around eventually, just give it time c: