1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentaley came out to brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by NathanielB13, Apr 11, 2015.

1. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this morning I came home from the barbers (fresh trim) and then from food shopping with my mum. I was tired and didn't want to help my brother after he asked. Then he said something that made my blood run cold.
    "If you don't help, I'll tell mum about that site.Empty Closets?"
    Needless to say I shut up and picked up a bag to help.I was bloody terrified. I didn't speak for a bit until me and my brother were out in the hall and I said "Ben we need to talk"
    He said he was fine with me being gay, he said he couldn't care less if I was f#cking a guy or a girl. At this point I told him I was bisexual and he just shrugged and said he had nothing against it.
    Thank God!(!)
    We didn't say much after that, he didn't have any questions for me and I only had a few for him like Have you told anyone or How'd you find out.
    Funny story that...
    Ben often uses my laptop to learn bass and I accidentaley left this site on:icon_redf:bang:
    Whoops!
    He hadn't looked on my account also I haven't told him I'm biromantic yet however it feels great knowing I'm not alone and that I have my brothers support.
    I'm still pretty p:***:ssed that he used my sexuality as a threat though but it did give me a major adrenline rush. My hearts still beating!
    To anyone else out there worrying about coming out to siblings, don't worry it's great!:eusa_danc. Can't wait to pluck up the courage to tell more

2. nohalos

That's so cool! Looks like you'll be helping hauling those shopping bags all the time then. :grin: (Pro tip: 2 trips are for pussies! JK) Congrats on your accidental coming out! I bet it feels great!

3. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does feel great and kinda scary but you have to focus on the little milestones and I think the brownies I brought him helped shut him up!

4. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I accidentally came out to my mum and sister over skype. Can't even remember what I said, but neither of them mentioned it again until I officially came out to them. Both were really supportive of me when I did.

I'm glad everything worked out with your brother! Although I might mention that I wouldn't want my sexuality used against me, if I was you.

5. Foz

Foz Guest

Oops! When I was 14 I wasn't great at cleaning up my web history so unsurprisingly my dad saw a few of the sites I was on and asked if I was gay to which I said no! The first person is always the hardest and half your work was done for you so it should be a breeze from now on :slight_smile: Good to see someone else from the UK! Though I've not been to Birmingham (Well, WestBrom) since I flew down last year to buy my new car!

6. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well Foz, I had that problem too but I lied extensiveley to make my mum believe me and I refused to show her my internet history again.Also Asexual Pirate I had a problem like that but with friends where a girl in my class sent a text to another girl in my class that I was gay except I meant another person as a joke. Leve;;ed out in the end. So funny because when the friend told the other friend she replied saying "Obviousley."