1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out was iffy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Artymus, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Artymus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I knew I was bisexual since I was about 7... I mean I guess I always kinda liked girls but I actually found out what it meant when I was 7. I didn't have any sexual thoughts about girls I still liked guys so that was really hard for me to come out t myself. But anyways, here's the people I came out to:

First I came out to my parents... Just last year In October actually. I came out to myself when I was about 8-9 and it was so hard when I heard people say things like about me having only a husband or saying mean things about LGBT+ people. When I came out to my parents, my mom seemed more shocked than mad or sad. My like... 2nd cousin or Something was gay so she seemed to be accepting.... My dad was also very accepting at first.

Then later in the day I talked to them again and they didn't even wanna talk to me. Then about a month later I wanted to talk again but my mom yelled at me saying I was to young and my dad said things like "NAME THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT GIRLS" and I just wanted to say I just like them but I couldn't because I was crying to much.

Then about 3 weeks ago I came out to my 2 bffs and one of them is super catholic (I'm Christian but her family is... Odd.) and that's what scared me but she was accepting and my other friend was also very accepting. So far those are the only 2 people who know but I hope one day I can actually be more open so people stop saying I'm only gonna be with guys or when they ask me my crush I can actually say another girls name... Fingers crossed the rest of my family will be accepting :slight_smile: (!)

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope all goes well n_n! (*hug*)

3. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That takes a lot of guts, especially with parents. I really hope they'll calm down a bit. I'm glad you've got supportive friends, though. It can make a huge difference.

4. amigec

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think because you are still young it may be harder for your parents to take. It'll take some time for them to come to terms with your sexuality. In the meantime don't bring it up and let things settle in their mind.

You are very brave for coming out so soon. Most people don't, so you've got somewhat of an advantage. You're showing your parents and your friends the real you. Being comfortable with who you are and expressing it to others is paving your way to a happier life in the future. Congratulations and good luck!

5. Im Hazel

Well done on what you have done so far. Don't let your parent's lies dissuade you from being yourself. Love yourself for who you are, not who your parents want you to be. :slight_smile: