1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to my Counsellor, so glad.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bunny, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Bunny

Well, after my little breakdown last night (created a rant thread in the Support section xD) I went to see my counsellor. I love her to death, she was my teacher last year (in an alternate class).

It was...realllly awkward, but eventually I came out as both transgender and technically gay in the span of an hour or so.

She was really good about it, said she didn't know much about it (transgender stuff) and that she'd make an effort to learn more. :grin:

Considering this was my first time coming out in person, I think it went spectacularly well, and maybe she'll help me work up the courage to eventually come out to my 'rents.

EDIT: Yay, 100th post!

#1 Bunny, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. I'm glad you worked up the courage to come out, albeit to one person. You made a good choice. Not only do you now have somebody to fall back on, you have another reliable source for support and advice if things go sour.

The seal is broken.

3. Bunny

Yeah, nice to have a bit of influence on my side, someone who can actually do something.

Now I gotta figure out my next step...the only obstacle keeping me from coming out to everyone is my family. They're the only ones I'm not ready to tell yet.

4. Just weigh the benefits of coming out to your family. What's to be gained, and what's to be lost?

There's no rush, just don't become like too many gay men and wait until your middle ages to come out.

Your number one priority right now is your schoolwork.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on taking that step. :slight_smile:

The first person I came out to was a counselor. It's wonderful that you could do that. Overtime, as you become more comfortable with yourself you will be able to come out to your parents. Go with whatever you feel comfortable with.

6. Linkmaste

Agree with school work. Sort out that first thats the most important thing right now. Keep with your studies and from there you can get thigns done like your family. Good job telling another person. I love how she wanted to look up more about transgender I did that too while looking up lesbians for the first time. Time will sort things out trust me.