1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mom's power of words....wanted to cry so hard

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Halo, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my mom's powerful words....wanted to cry so hard

When I told my mom about my bisexuality for the first time, it was the most awkward coversation that I had ever had with her. It was pretty short coversation afterwards. After that day I didn't talk to her for a week, I wanted to give her space to think about things and if she needs to talk to someone about it. than I was anxcious to talk to her again, although it had ended more positive than I thought it would have...but it was the uneasy feeling that I felt in my stomache. I thought she may not believe me and than she may want to "convert" me...so kept calling her and wanting to talk but than there were so many unrelated things that I talked about and than kept bringing the subject but it was always about other people and never about me and it made me sad. I felt she is ignoring my feeling and I was looking for her approval like a kid. It meant a lot to me.

I called her today and again kept talking about other stuff and it was chocking me, the words wouldn't come out. Than I brought the subject up and talked about being bisexual. Than I was direct and asked if that makes her sad and if she minds that I am attrached to women and than there is this woman that I like and considering going out with...I was so upset saying these words because I didn't want to hear the words that may come out. But than she said "no I don't mind, I will love all my children for who they are, I want them to be happy and if you chose to be with a man or a woman it's ok, as long as you have a healthy relationship."

Than just to confirm what she was saying as I was taken by surprise, I asked so "you accept this" and she said yes....these words meant so much to me, I wanted to cry so hard but didn't want to upset her either. I wanted to say why didn't you tell me this when I was a teenager or any time in my life. I wanted to hear these words when I was way younger, I would have come out than. I told her that I have built homophobia in me for years and this makes me confused at times and makes me deny it. She assured me that she will love me no matter what, she didn't want me to get depressed over this. I couldn't believe my ears, I grew up in a house that as if sex didn't exist...we never talked about human sexuality....and here she was telling me how it's all ok to be bisexual...

I am glad she told me this and many other things that really helped...I feel so much better although I am crying....I still can't believe it, I wish I had told her many years ago of how I felt. All those years of feeling guilty and not liking myself. Always feeling something is wrong with me.

#1 Halo, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. TriBi

Ahh - Mums - you gotta love 'em (well, most of 'em...there are the very few odd exceptions).

Isn't the maternal instinct a wonderful thing? Oh - and I hope they were tears of happiness. :slight_smile:

3. Linkmaste

A mothers word means so much to their child. I'm dead serious here as the tinest thing that mom says can make you bawl your eyes out. They have some kind of nack for getting the right thing to say... But thats great bout your mom things get a whole lot easier when you tell your parents.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Awww......she sounds awesome! Congratulations on finally being free to be yourself! (*hug*)

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really nice. I am glad that it turned out so well for you and that your mom is accepting, understanding and supportive. Congrats!

6. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks guys...it feels great to have support. :slight_smile: