1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the relief?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MySillyUnicorn, Apr 17, 2015.

1. MySillyUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out last September to a few friends and my mum. Or at least I tried to. A very close friend of mine worked out I was bisexual a long time ago but she accidentally mentioned it to a couple of friends while we were having a group chat on Facebook... So of course, I did not feel the satisfaction of coming out and telling my friends in person.

Then there's the family... When I told my mum I was bi, she was very doubtful, she wasn't even mad but it seemed like she simply did not believe me. I don't think a person has ever asked me "Why?" so many times in my life! Not another word was breathed about it since.
    I never told my sister or my brothers. My sister is DEEPLY religious and I don't dare to chance it. As for my brothers, I don't think they'd care too much but I'm the little sister and it would just feel strange to tell them.

I just feel unbelievably frustrated! I don't feel liberated or relieved at all! After ignoring and denying who I was and what I felt for so long, I just don't know how to express my sexuality. I don't understand what it is but I feel like there's something I just need to get out. :bang: Has anybody else had an unfulfilling coming out experience?

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing that I can say is that it took me a while to realise the effect of coming out.
    The big thing for me was realizing that no one treated me or looks at me any differently.
    But that's just me, others have different experiences.
    From my experience with deeply religious people is that it can go either of two ways depending on whether they are deeply religious or deeply spiritual.
    How I came out to my mother, in my 20's, was "Mam,.. I seeing a therapist because I like men" .....I was more screwed up than she was!!!! Basically it messed up my head more than hers. In retrospect, even way back then, my mother accepted me no matter want, but it took her time to get her head around it.
    I didn't come out to anyone else until I was in my 50's.
    What I can say is that when I was in my 20's being gay was a BIG SIN now, particularly with young people, it's "so what"